The history of the Nile river cruise is as old as time that still offers every traveler the chance to live the finest vacation of a lifetime across the Nile River between Luxor and Aswan. The goal of this article is to offer everyone all the information and details about the history of the Egypt Nile River Cruise. This article was written by a group of a very knowledgeable and professional team of tour operators, tour guides, historians, and travel consultants who have two decades of experience and knowledge about the history of a Nile Cruise in Egypt. The history and influence of the Nile river cruise go back centuries ago and even to ancient Egyptian times.
The Nile River is the essence of life to the Egyptians, the source of infinite interest and delight, and that is what gave Egypt the power to survive this long across history. The Nile cruise has been always viewed as the ideal method to fully explore this heavenly shining thread especially between Luxor and Aswan where the ancient temples light up under the majestic sun. The greatest delight and excitement a traveler can explore is always on board a Nile cruise where the exotic and everlasting nature of Egypt is explored in full luxury.
The Nile River Cruise history goes back to the end of the nineteenth century and the beginning of the twentieth century where the Nile cruise was created to become the centerpiece of a journey across Egypt. Before that, the only way to explore the Nile was through a Dahabiya which is a large houseboat with cross-sails that took up to 50 days from Cairo to Luxor and then full days just to explore Luxor and Aswan. In 1870 AD, Everything changed when an up and coming tourism company called Thomas Cook Ltd brought a new technology called speedy steamers which speeded time by two thirds or half and the means to come up with a new invention called Nile cruise which was no longer dependent on wind power which leads to the journey from Cairo to Aswan to take 20 days and from Luxor to Aswan a week. As for the dahabiyas, it was reserved for leisure and wealthy travelers. The company also standardized travel routes and customizes a wide range of Nile itineraries and shed someone hidden gems such as Thebes, Philae, Abydos, and the great Abu Simbel
Thomas Cook developed the infrastructure for the tourism industry in Egypt by investing in improving the Egyptian government with a fleet of steamships which were very fast and extremely luxurious. Then the company started working on advertising where Egypt was famous for being a winter resort par excellence in all of Europe. The company developed a network of tourist stations along the Nile which offers the finest accommodations and services.
The company also trained a number of individuals who became known as travel guides or tour guides to The Thomas cook fleet with the Egyptian government dominated the tourism industry as by the turn of the 20th century Egypt has become the main destination for westerners. From that point on the Nile cruises became an Egyptian tradition totally independent on its own the Nile cruise was the key bone behind Egyptian tourism and can be created for setting the foundation for the entire industry which contributes up to 11% of GDP and 14.4% of foreign currency revenues.
There are a number of different types of Nile River Cruises found in Egypt such as:
1. Luxor and Aswan Nile Cruises are the most popular form of a mile cruise to get the whole experience and explore the beautiful mysteries and treasures of the ancient Egyptian civilization along the Nile between the immortal cities of Luxor and Aswan, with top facilities, entertaining activities, and premium service.
2. Lake Nasser Cruises is a rare Nile Cruise that provides a relaxing and entertaining trip to the south with a Lake Nasser cruise to discover the monuments and ruins of Ancient Nubia. You will spend an evening docked next to the temples at Abu Simbel.
3. Dahabiya Nile Cruises are all about inclusiveness and privacy. Onboard the Dahabiyas, every traveler will be sailing in complete intimacy with the highest level of luxury. Plus, cast their eyes on all the heavenly attractions along the Nile.
4. Nile Steamer Cruises is a classical type of Nile cruise dating back to the 1920s that is eco-friendly vessel depending on steam energy that will take every traveler on a trip back in time across a number of incredible and enchanting monuments of upper Egypt.
5. Long Nile Cruises are the total package that offers a heavenly journey that starts at the capital of Egypt, Cairo, and ending your journey far south at the enchanting city of Aswan. Every traveler will get to witness the cultural and historical cities of Cairo, Luxor, and Aswan.
Egypt is filled with a number of incredible Nile river cruises filled with the finest means of entertainment, tranquility, and the chance to witness a collection of the best archaeological monuments and artifacts ever built in the history of Egypt. There are two categories when it comes to the Nile cruises the first is the High Luxury Nile River Cruises where you will feel as if you are royalty such as the highly recommended:
As for the Standard Nile River Cruises are for budget travelers who want the standard accommodations with the best treatment, there is:
Any Egyptian vacation is never complete without a magical trip on board a Nile cruise where the sight of the greatest artifacts in the history of mankind is viewed in the most amazing fashion while enjoying the most comfortable and exciting means of entertainment and relaxation. With us, you will find a massive collection of Nile River cruises where take you to pick and live your dream between a series of heavenly wonders and incredible attractions.
Egypt Tours Portal prides itself on being the best travel agency in Egypt as proven by our numerous positive reviews.
This review is a late, but I had to provide some feedback. My brother and I went on vacation in October 2022 and booked with Egypt Tours Portal. With on-line sc...Read More
My fiancé and I booked a private 5 day tour of Egypt with ETP starting in Cairo followed by Aswan, Abu Simbel and Luxor. We just got home and continue to talk ...Read More
This was the trip of a lifetime that I was able to have with my eldest son - an absolutely amazing experience. To be able to actually see the places and artifac...Read More
Highly recommend this tour company!!! Our guides, Moses, Mahmoud, Magred and Mohamed were exceptional, their knowledge of the history is more that accurate, the...Read More
Egypt Tours Portal is an excellent company to use to arrange your visit to Egypt. They work with phenomenal guides (we had Mahmoud Nour in Upper Egypt and Mohse...Read More