Among the most exciting sites to visit while being in Egypt is the breathtaking Giza Pyramids Complex
as it has inside some of the greatest ancient Egyptian achievements ever been built and constructed in the history of mankind. There, you will be able to witness the magical Pyramid of Khufu
, get inside and explore its magical construction, shape, chambers, and then take some gorgeous photos with Giza Sphinx
and there, you will be able to hear the whole story from your tour guide regarding that captivating complex and understand how the ancient Egyptians managed to construct it in a perfect way.
Top Travel Tips While Visiting Giza Pyramids
- The opening time of Giza Complex is from 08:00 to 16:00 from October to March and from 07:00 till 18:00 from April to September.
- Giza Pyramids Complex is located only an hour away driving from Cairo International Airport and the best way to enjoy your visit is by taking a taxi or a private car. The cheapest way to head there is through taking Uber.
- In order to enter Giza Pyramids Complex, you will need to pay 160 EGP per person which is roughly 10 USD, and in order to get inside the Great Pyramid of Khufu; there is an additional entrance fee which is 360 EGP that is roughly 25 USD per person. Each entry ticket to the
- Pyramids of Khafre and Menquare costs 100 EGP per ticket that is 7 USD per ticket.
- The best possible timing to enjoy a visit to Giza Pyramids is during the winter season during the daytime as you won’t feel hot during your tours and you will be able to enjoy every single moment of your tours.
- There are professional licensed photographers in Giza Plateau that you can hire to take some wonderful photos for you and you can also use your tripod but you will need to pay a camera ticket that costs around 25 EGP.
- If you are claustrophobic, it is not recommended that you get inside the Pyramids of Giza.
- It is not allowed to climb Giza Pyramids.
- For the clothes that you should wear while being in Giza Complex, you will need to cover up since Egypt is a conservative country. You need to wear breathable light clothes during summer, bring cotton trousers, in addition to comfortable hiking shoes for walking.
- Don’t forget your sunglasses and hat while visiting Giza Pyramids to be able to tour around the Pyramids without facing any problem
- Try to enjoy camel & horse rides while being in the complex as you will enjoy a lot with your family and friends.
- Make sure to book a hotel with a Pyramid view to enjoy an imaginary view while being in the Complex. Among the most recommended Pyramid view hotels in Giza are Marriot Mena House and Steigenberger Pyramids Hotels.
- Join an Egyptologist tour guide whole being in Giza Plateau to enjoy a wonderful memorable cultural tour.
- Tipping is something traditional in Egypt and you can tip your tour guide and driver the amount of money you want as an act of appreciation based on the service you receive.
- There is, unfortunately, no way to enter Giza Sphinx but you can walk around and witness its majestic shape and size.
- Try to attend the gorgeous Sound and Light show at night in Giza Complex to learn more and more about the great history of Egypt.
- You should go with an expert tour guide while shopping to avoid any thefts and to be able to buy stunning souvenirs while being there.
- Make sure to bring enough cash with you while heading to Giza Pyramids Complex as there aren’t closed ATMs there and you need to have cash money with you for any purchases.
If you are looking to explore the Giza pyramids complex, plus witness the other enchanting landmarks in Egypt such as Karnak & Hatsheopust temples, and the Valley Temple in Luxor, the great temples of Abu Simbel & Philae in Aswan, Qiatbal citadel & Pompey's pillar in Alexandria, then you can check our Egypt pyramid tour packages that offer a variety of trips to the majestic attractions in the land of pharaohs.
Great journey in Egypt for 4 days Cairo tour Packages joining a private tour guide to visit Giza Pyramids...
Enjoy 5 days / 4 nights Cairo and Alexandria tour package-joining your private guide to enjoy pyramids to...
Enjoy 6 Days Cairo, Luxor & Aswan tour package-joining a private tour guide to visit the most famous tour...
Book now 7 days Cairo and Hurghada holiday to enjoy visiting ancient Egypt attractions in Cairo, then mov...