Best Travel Tips to Egypt in 2023
Egypt Travel Tips is the ultimate guideline to help all travelers in Egypt enjoy the best of their vacation. The main purpose of this article is to provide every traveler with all the information and facts about all the tips to enjoy Egypt. This article was written by a number of tour operators, tour guides, and travel consultants who have more than two decades of experience in the Egyptian travel business. Travel Tips in Egypt will make the vacation very easy and enjoyable as every traveler will get to have all the time in the world to enjoy all the historical and cultural attractions in Egypt. Since the word vacation was invented, Egypt has always been the destination to be for tranquility, peace, exploration, and entertainment. So if you found yourself in Egypt then here are a few Egypt travel tips to make sure you have the perfect vacation:
- What should I avoid in Egypt?
- Not researching the culture & country before you go. Not researching the locations and attractions you visit and which ones you should avoid You don't pack culturally appropriate clothing. Not Preparing for the weather. Not booking your Nile cruise first. Not hiring a guide for certain tourist sites. Traveling without a currency converter app. Avoid discussing politics or religion with the public You forget to tip. Not haggling for shopping and taxis Not Packing the right medicines.
- Where Should you go In Egypt?
- Every traveler can head to the majestic cities of Cairo, Alexandria, Luxor, & Aswan which holds the Giza Pyramids complex, Khan El Khalili Bazaar, Cairo Citadel, the National Egyptian Museum, the catacombs, the Qaitbay citadel, Karnak temples complex, Hatshepsut Temple, Valley of the Kings, Philae temple, Kom Ombo Temple, Abu Simbel Temples, and many more plus the beautiful shores of the red sea city resorts such as Sherm El Sheik and Hurghada.
- How much does it cost to Visit Egypt?
- Egypt is one of the most affordable travel destinations as The Budget Tours range from $390 to $1099 while the Luxury Tours range from $1099 up to $3999 including everything without the international flight. For example, 8 days itinerary to Cairo, Alexandria, Nile Cruise between Luxor & Aswan plus Abu Simbel will cost about 2,400$ including everything from international Airfare to Accommodations.
- What is the best way to travel in Egypt?
- The best way to travel to Egypt is through Domestic flights, Nile River Cruises, and Private vehicles which will be arranged by your travel agency.
- What do I need to know before traveling to Egypt?
- Every traveler must respect all the archaeological monuments and sites by not touching, scratching, or sitting on them as they are what remains of the ancient Egyptian heritage. You should dress conservatively despite the fact that there is no specific dress code in the cities, it is known that women will feel much comfortable if they cover their shoulders and do not wear shorts, plus this becomes very relevant when visiting mosques and churches. Drink a lot of water and apply sun cream to stand the heat and the sun. Despite the fact that hotels and main shops in the tourist areas would accept credit cards and foreign currencies, but smaller restaurants and stores are unlikely to do so especially when you go further into the tourist areas and the desert. Be careful when paying Buying souvenirs. Always keep your camera phone with you at all times. Always keep your professional tour guide and driver with you even when you go on a desert excursion. Always check the time of the ensa time lock during your Nile cruise booking. Attend a sound and light show in Luxor along with the archaeological spots through the Nile. Focus on having a good time and don't take long to return to Egypt. Every traveler must respect all the archaeological monuments and sites by not touching, scratching, or sitting on them as they are what remains of the ancient Egyptian heritage. If you decide to do a tour by yourself, we highly recommend you take note of the main info like the hotel name, exact address, and phone number and carry it with you at all times.
- What to do before traveling to Egypt?
- Before traveling to Egypt, Every travel should conduct critical research about his or her travel destination in relation to the history, the culture, customs, the do & don't, plus check with the travel agency about all the details relating to the accommodations, transportation, and everything else. Most importantly make sure that the Visa is good to go.
- Is it Safe to Drink Tap water in Egypt?
- It is not advisable to drink tap water because it is highly chlorinated and tastes terrible so buy bottled water instead and when it comes to food don’t even think about buying any street food.
- Is a Nile Cruise Worth it?
- Nile River Cruises is the finest and most magical way to explore the heavenly wonders of Upper Egypt between Luxor and Aswan in the most comfortable service since the Victorian age.
- Can I drink alcohol in Egypt?
- Drinking alcohol in Egypt is allowed for holders of foreign passports at affordable prices.
- What do female tourists wear in Egypt?
- Female travelers can wear anything that makes them feel comfortable and conservative.
- Why is Egypt Safe?
- Egypt is one of the safest travel destinations in the world right now, due to the low crime level when compared with the crime rates of many Western countries. In Mid 2022 world Health Organization places Egypt at the lowest level of coronavirus spread Risk across the world due to the measures taken by the Egyptian government that helped control the spread of the virus and ensure the safety of each traveler such as the cleansing of all the visited attractions on a daily basis which help record the lowest number of infections and the highest number of recovery cases.
- Is English widely spoken in Egypt?
- English is the most widely used language in Egypt, the majority of the road signs in Egypt are written both in Arabic and English.
- Is Cairo safe?
- Cairo is highly safe both day and night with a low crime level where every traveler will enjoy the vacation of a lifetime.
- How much should you tip in Egypt?
- Tipping in Egypt is called ‘Baksheesh’ and is expected from locals and foreigners alike, 5 Egyptian pounds is fine and generally from 5% to 10% as a sign of good etiquette and respect across all the facilities.
- What is the best currency to take to Egypt?
- The currency in Egypt is the Egyptian pound (LE). Don't change your money before you come to Egypt so you don't miss the change rate. You will get a better rate for your dollars and more currencies in Egypt. the English Pound, Euro, and US Dollar are accepted.
- What to pack to Egypt?
- Every traveler should always bring everything they need such as toothpaste and toothbrush, deodorant, sunscreen, toilet paper, skincare cream, face wipes, back bag, and luggage locks. It is highly important that every traveler bring any necessary prescribed medications such as Anti- Diarrheal, Dramamine, Advil, Rehydration Salts, and small travel first aid kit. Always remember to bring all the electronic devices you need such as VPN, Power Bank, Universal Adapter, and anything else you may need.
- Is Travel Insurance important?
- Travel Insurance is the best way to stay safe during your time in Egypt and afford any extra cost such as medical expenses, cancellations, delays, and repatriation, plus Baggage, passport, & personal liability coverage. Note, It must be done in your home country before your arrival.
- What are the best Arabic words to Know before Traveling to Egypt?
- During your Egypt tours, It would be very useful to know some Arabic words and phrases like Salaam Alaykum (hello), Ma’is Salaama (goodbye), min fudlak (please) for male and min fadlik for female, Shukran (thank you), lu samaht (excuse me), Aiwa (yes), laa (no), Yalla (lets go), mashy (okay), Afwan (you’re welcome), Em’shee (go away).
- What are The DO's and The DON'T's of traveling in Egypt?
- The DO's: Do spend time chatting with people. Do learn some basic Egyptian Arabic during your trip. Do ask when you don't understand something. Do savor as much Egyptian food as you can. Do make sure you try the delicious cuisines of Egypt. Do stay in a central location. Do dress modestly. Do be careful of public displays of affection. Do ask for directions from at least three different people. Do ask for help when crossing busy streets. Do take taxis rather than public transportation. Do ask locals about the fare for your destination before taking a taxi. Do avoid off-road destinations. Do carry small change and coins. Do leave tips in cafés, restaurants, hairdressers, shops and almost everywhere! Do bargain in souvenir shops and bazaars. Do respect Egyptian temples and monuments. Do enjoy the country as much as you can. The DON'T's: Don't even think about renting a car unless you have driven in India or Egypt before. Don't get frustrated when someone is late. Don't wear shorts and vests or tank tops. Don't talk to people who approach you in public areas Don't follow someone trying to "help" you. Don't drink the tap water. Don't drink alcohol in the street. Don't be intimidated by market vendors. Don't take photos of locals without permission. Don't visit mosques during prayer time. Don't be surprised to see Egyptian men holding hands. Don't put your feet on a table or point the soles of your shoes at others. Don't pet street dogs and cats. Don't use drones in Egypt.
- Is Egypt a friendly country?
- Friendliness, politeness, Modesty, Honesty, Loyalty, and Hospitality are the core value of Egyptian society. The Egyptian public is known to be very hospitable and trustworthy. Egyptians have strong family values and are expected to be faithful to members of their nuclear and extended families. Most businesses are closed on Fridays, the Muslim holy day, with some also closed on Thursdays. Egyptian Muslims fast during the month of Ramadan and are only allowed to work for six hours each day.
- How much money will you need for your trip to Egypt?
- your spending plan will be around E£636 ($41) per day during a vacation in Egypt, which is considered to be the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors.
- What are the most delicious foods in Egypt?
- The most delicious foods to try in Egypt are Mahshi, Fitter Baladi, Hawawshi, Kofta and Kebab, Shawerma, Hamam Mahshi, Koshary, Falafel, Foule, Roz bel Laban, Om Ali, and more delicious cuisines.
- What are the things to do in Egypt?
- Across the lands and waters of Egypt is a number of affordable and entertaining activities such as Boarding a magical Nile Cruise Between Luxor and Aswan, a Dinner Cruise across the Nile in Cairo, aquatic sports like diving, snorkeling, fishing, surfing, and more, Hot-air Ballon, Super Safari, sandboarding, visit the city of Hurghada or Sharm el-Sheikh Red Sea for relaxation and enjoy a lot of activities there and very unique & entertaining activities worth your time and attention.
- Does Egypt have Nightlife?
- Egypt Nightlife across Egypt is very entertaining. There are many venues, bars, restaurants, and clubs in which every traveler can enjoy the entertaining vacation of a lifetime.
- What Footwear should I have in Egypt?
- It’s advisable to wear comfortable shoes during your visits because heels and open-toe shoes will not be comfortable for you like the floor of most sites is either sand or rough stone floors so wearing comfortable footwear like a closed-toe shoe is a good choice to move easily along your tour.
- What is the Best Time to be in Egypt?
- The best time to visit Egypt is during the winter from September to April as the climate becomes a bit tropical, more relaxing with a warm atmosphere with a winter breeze.
- How to protect me from the heat in Egypt?
- If you visit Egypt in the summer take plenty of water with you during your tours because it’s usually hot, and you will need to drink a lot of water to avoid dehydration. Sunblock, hats, scarves, and sunglasses, plus light clothes are recommended during summertime to protect yourself from the sun and the heat.
- Is Egypt a conservative country?
- Egypt is considered to be one of the most liberal Islamic countries but it has become a little bit conservative in the last couple of decades so it is advised to avoid showing your chest, shoulders, or legs below the knees.
- Is a Tour Guide Important?
- When you visit the Egyptian Museum, it’s highly recommended to have a tour guide so you can know the entire history and details behind each monument located within all the important attractions of Egypt.
- What are the most important electronic items to have in Egypt?
- It’s advised to buy a local SIM card for your mobile phone and a private VPN line which will help you stay connected at all times, make calls to your hotel or travel agency or your guide, or anyone across the world. There are no prepaid phones or prepaid cards to make your call, a universal charger will be quite essential and quite useful during your holiday in Egypt.
- What are the best places to shop in Egypt?
- You can find some amazing places to shop while being in Egypt such as Khan Al Khalili, Souk Al Fustat, Aswan Souk, Old Market, Souk-Al-Gamaal, Sharia Khayamiya, Han El Halili, Souq El Ataba, Luxor Bazaar, Tent Market, Sharia El Souk, Lotus Bazaar, Cairo Festival City Mall, etc where you can find the best of shopping options.
- What to shop in Egypt?
- There are a lot of options to shop while in Egypt such as Novelty T-shirts. Souvenirs with your name printed in Hieroglyphics. Pillowcases Artworks in the shape of woodwork, paintings, bowls, trays, ceramic products, and more. Incense Bastet, Antique Stones, and Statues Replicas Khayameya Fez “Tarboosh” Hookah “Shisha” Cotton Robes and Vail “Jilbab & Burqa” Jewelry Wooden Boxes Handcrafted Metal Works Eastern Desserts Papyrus Manuscripts and Paintings “Replica” Pottery and Ceramics Belly Dancing Costume Ramadan Lantern “Fanoos” Egyptian Musical Instruments Hand Blown Glass Works and Ornaments Kohl Kilim Carpets And more. Always expect to bargain when buying souvenirs, but remember to maintain a polite friendly attitude to get the best prices, in most cases; the original price is 40-30% less than the initial price so make sure you don’t get hustled.
- How to haggle in Egypt?
- Don't start bargaining unless you are really intending to buy. Have a price in mind. Ask the seller to offer a price before you offer one. Offer about half of what you would like to pay for that particular product. Take it in turns to adjust your price.
- What are the Public holidays of Egypt?
- Friday and Saturday are the official holidays in Egypt and most Arab countries so keep in mind that you could expect a large crowd at your tourist attractions.
Enjoy the Finest Vacation of a Lifetime
Egypt’s travel agency can be the most fortuned decision you will ever make if you choose wisely. "Egypt Tours Portal" is going to be responsible for booking your accommodations, flights, transportations, Nile river cruise, restaurants, and everything related to your trip to Egypt. Check the client's reviews of Egypt tours portal that joined us and enjoyed one of our Egypt private tours. You are very welcomed to book your vacation with us through the tours below and be in touch with us:
Private 4 Days Cairo Tour Packages for Irish Travelers
4 days Cairo Egypt Tour packa...
Tour Location: Cairo – Giza...
5 Days Cairo and Alexandria Tour Package For Irish Travelers
5 days Cairo and Alexan...
Tour Location: Cairo/Giza/Alexandria...
6 Days Cairo, Luxor & Aswan Tour Package For Irish Travelers
6 days Cairo, Luxor...
Tour Location: Cairo/Giza/Aswan/Luxor...
Amazing 7 Days Cairo and Hurghada Holiday for Irish Travelers
7 Days Cairo & Hur...
Tour Location: Cairo – Giza – Hurgh...