Best Travel Tips to Egypt in 2021
Since the word vacation was invented, Egypt has always been the destination to be for tranquility, peace, exploration, and entertainment. So if you found yourself in Egypt then here are a few Egypt travel tips to make sure you have the perfect vacation:
- If you decide to do a tour by yourself, we highly recommend you take note of the main info like the hotel name, exact address, and phone number and carry it with you at all times.
- It’s advisable to wear comfortable shoes during your visits because heels and open-toe shoes will not comfortable for you as the floor of most sites is either sand or rough stone floors so wearing comfortable footwear like a closed-toe shoe is a good choice to move easily along your tour.
- The best time to visit Egypt is during the winter from September to April as the climate becomes a bit tropical, more relaxing with a warm atmosphere with a winter breeze.
- If you visit Egypt in the summer take plenty of water with you during your tours because it’s usually hot, and you will need to drink a lot of water to avoid dehydration.
- Sunblock, hats, scarfs, and sunglasses, plus light clothes are recommended during summertime to protect yourself from the sun and the heat.
- Egypt is considered to be one of the most liberal Islamic countries but it has become a little bit conservative in the last couple of decades so it is advised to avoid showing your chest, shoulders, or legs below the knees.
- If you decided to get inside one of the pyramids, wear trousers or “Jeans” because you will descend & climb ladders and walk through narrow passages.
- When you visit the Egyptian Museum, it’s highly recommended to have a tour guide so you can know the entire history and details behind each monument located within the Egyptian Museum.
- The food is good, delicious, and frequently safe. Mulukhiya, Shawerma, and Kushari are the most famous delicious cuisines; you should try them, plus make sure to stay hydrated at all times.
- It’s advised to buy a local SIM card for your mobile phone and a private VPN line which will help you stay connected at all times, make calls to your hotel or travel agency or your guide or anyone across the world. There are no prepaid phones or prepaid cards to make your call, a universal charger will be quite essential and quite useful during your holiday in Egypt.
- During your Egypt tours, it would be very useful known some word and phrases like Salaam Alaykum (hello), Ma’is Salaama (goodbye), min fudlak (please) for male and min fadlik for female, Shukran (thank you), lu samaht (excuse me), Aiwa (yes), laa (no), Yalla (lets go), mashy (okay), Afwan (you’re welcome), Em’shee (go away).
- Tipping in Egypt is called ‘Baksheesh’ and is expected from locals and foreigners alike, 5 Egyptian pounds is fine and, 10% tip in restaurants is acceptable.
- Always expect to bargain when buying souvenirs, but remember to maintain a polite friendly attitude to get the best prices, in most cases; the original price is 40-30% less than the initial price so make sure you don’t get hustled.
- It is not advisable to drink tap water because it is highly chlorinated and tastes terrible so buy bottled water instead and when it comes to food don’t even think about buying any street food.
- Visitors to Egypt do not require any vaccinations officially unless you are coming from infected areas so we recommend getting against typhoid, Hepatitis A and B, and rabies.
- It is advised to bring any required medication with you at all times as it may not be located in Egypt.
- Friday and Saturday are the official holidays in Egypt and most Arab countries so keep in mind that you could expect a large crowd at your tourist attractions.
Enjoy the Finest Vacation of a Lifetime
Egypt’s travel agency can be the most fortuned decision you will ever make if you choose wisely. “Egypt Tours Portal” is going to be responsible for booking your accommodations, flights, transportations, Nile cruise, restaurants, and everything related to your trip to Egypt. Check the client’s reviews of Egypt tours portal that joined us and enjoyed one of our Egypt private tours. You are very welcomed to book your vacation with us through the tours below and be touch with us: