Incoming Passengers With Certificates of Vaccination Against the Coronavirus
- Those incoming passengers with certificates of vaccination against the Coronavirus from countries not affected by the mutated strains of the virus in a directly or indirectly manner during the previous 14 days, found in the passenger’s possession against the Coronavirus is reviewed and approved in the countries (issuing authority) without abrasion, deletion or addition, and they must contain a QR Code to be fully accepted after verifying the authority issuing the certificate.
- Vaccines that have been approved by the World Health Organization and the Egyptian Medicines Authority are approved, provided that the period is taken into account, “The Time Period” is 14 days after receiving the second dose of vaccines given in two doses (Pfizer -AstraZeneca – Moderna – Sinopharm – Sinovac – Sputnik) or 14 days have passed since receiving the first dose of Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
Arrivals with certificates of vaccination against the Coronavirus from countries which are (India – Bangladesh – Pakistan – Bhutan – Myanmar – Nepal – Sri Lanka – Vietnam – Brazil – Latin America) affected by the mutated strain of the virus in a manner directly or indirectly, during the previous 14 days, the following procedures will be applied on them which include:-
- Reviewing the vaccination certificate in the passenger’s possession against the Coronavirus and accepting the certificates approved in the countries (department Issuance) without scraping, deleting, or adding and containing a QR Code and accepting these certificates after verification from the issuing authority.
- A COVID-19 NOW ID test is performed at arrival, and in case of a positive COVID-19 NOW ID test result, a PCR test is performed at the arrival airport, and in case of positive PCR analysis, the passenger is transferred to the Fever Hospital or the designated hospital and if the passenger is not vaccinated with a positive COVID-19 NOW ID test result, the passenger will be deported and the established protocol will be applied in this regard.
For Non-Vaccinated Travelers
- Every traveler will have to possess a negative PCR test for COVID-19 which should be issued before leaving your country, 72 HRS max before their departure flight to Egypt. Passengers traveling from North America, South America, Japan, Canada, Thailand, China, Paris, Heathrow, Frankfort, and London can hold the test up to 96 hrs max before their departure flight to Egypt due to their long flight and the number of transit between airports. Children under the age of six years old are not required to possess a PCR test.
- All Travelers should have a PCR Test before arriving at Cairo International Airport which needs to be printed, signed, and stamped by the health authorities from where you are coming and possess a QR Code to be fully accepted after verifying the authority issuing the certificate. All Travelers should maintain and follow all the precautionary procedures during the time of their trip.
- All transit travelers must possess a negative PCR Test even if their main destination doesn’t require it. If the passengers are staying at Cairo airport and don’t have any accommodations then they are not required to possess a PCR test unless it is required by the traveler destination to possess at all times.
- The passengers arriving at the airports of Hurghada, Sharm El-Sheikh, Taba, or Marsa Alam instead of Cairo Airport and don’t possess a PCR test before their arrival then they can have the test upon their arrival at any of the mentioned destinations for the cost of 30 USD as they will be isolated at their hotel rooms until the PCR test results are out and if it is positive the passenger will be isolated in their rooms until the Egyptian Ministry of Health handles the situation.
The Requirements of An Accepted PCR Certificate
- The PCR test must have the exact timing and the date of the sample withdrawing and must be performed 72 hrs max before their departure flight to Egypt.
- The PCR must be issued from an accredited laboratory which should be printed, signed, and stamped by the authorized lab without containing any scraping, addition, and cancellation or contain a QR Code from the country that issued the certificate.
- The certificate of the PCR should indicate that the type of sample was taken directly for the Swab.
- The certificate of the PCR should indicate the type of the test whether RT or PCR.
- The certificate of the PCR is accepted in both English and Arabic languages.
- A negative PCR certificate expires at the moment every traveler uses the test result outside Egypt then they need to use it again to return back to Egypt.
- Everyone can contact us at any time for any question and our staff will guarantee that everything is fully prepared for your arrival in Egypt.
Feel free to contact us for any inquiries and our team will be more than happy to assist you in the best way to guarantee that everything is clear for you before your arrival in Egypt.